Dedicated Riverside Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Office work might seem like the safest job you can have, but these environments are not immune to workplace injuries. At Ochoa & Calderón, we understand that an injury at the office can be just as debilitating and disruptive as those occurring in more hazardous workplaces. Even worse, the nature of some office injuries can actually make it harder to pursue a workers’ comp claim than if you were hurt on a construction site or factory floor. If you have been hurt on the job at your office, know that you likely have a claim for benefits, and Ochoa & Calderón can help you get them. Call our office to speak with a knowledgeable and experienced Riverside workers’ compensation attorney.
Common Office Injuries in the Workplace
While office jobs are often considered less risky, the reality is that office workers are exposed to a wide variety of hazards that can lead to injuries. Some of the most common office injuries include:
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSIs): From carpal tunnel syndrome to tendonitis, RSIs are prevalent in offices due to continuous keyboard and mouse usage.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Loose carpeting, wet floors, or cluttered walkways can lead to falls that result in serious injuries.
- Back and Neck Injuries: Poor ergonomics and prolonged sitting can cause long-term back and neck issues.
- Eye Strain: Prolonged computer use without proper eye rest can lead to vision problems and discomfort.
- Lifting Injuries: Improper lifting of even light loads like boxes of paper can result in muscle strains.
Your Workers’ Compensation Rights in Riverside
When you’re faced with an office injury, it’s critical to understand your rights under California law. The workers’ compensation system is designed to provide benefits to employees who suffer from work-related injuries or illnesses, without regard to who was at fault.
As an injured worker in Riverside, you are entitled to:
- Medical Benefits: Coverage for all necessary medical care directly related to your office injury.
- Disability Benefits: Compensation for lost wages if your injury prevents you from performing your job duties.
- Rehabilitation Benefits: Support for recovery and retraining if you are unable to return to your previous job.
How Ochoa & Calderón Can Help With Your California Workers’ Comp Claim
Navigating a workers’ compensation claim can be complex and overwhelming. That’s where we come in. Ochoa & Calderón has a history of assisting Riverside workers with their injury claims, helping ensure their claim is successful and provides all the benefits they are entitled to under the law. Our approach includes:
- Personalized Case Evaluation: We meticulously assess the specifics of your situation to provide tailored advice.
- Claim Preparation and Filing: Our legal team prepares and files all necessary documentation to initiate your workers’ compensation claim.
- Advocacy and Representation: We represent your interests in all proceedings, ensuring your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
Steps to Take After an Office Injury
If you sustain an injury at the office, taking the right steps can be crucial for your workers’ compensation claim:
- Report the Injury: Inform your employer about the injury as soon as possible.
- Seek Medical Attention: Prioritize your health and get a professional medical evaluation.
- Document Everything: Keep detailed records of the incident, your injuries, and any related expenses.
- Consult with an Attorney: Contact a knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorney to discuss your case.
Choose Ochoa & Calderón in Riverside for Your Office Injury Claim
At Ochoa & Calderón, our expertise extends beyond just legal advice. We advocate fiercely for the rights of our clients, ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve for their office injuries. With our deep understanding of the California workers’ compensation system, we are poised to manage your claim effectively and efficiently.
If you’ve suffered an office injury in Riverside or Southern California, don’t navigate the complexities of a workers’ compensation claim alone. Let the experienced attorneys at Ochoa & Calderón guide you through the process with the care and dedication you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and take the first step toward securing your legal rights and benefits. Call 951-901-4444 in Riverside or 844-401-0750 toll-free throughout Southern California.